Asian Ginger Chicken Thighs are an easy, quick-to-prep, and all-around great meal for hot summer days when the heat needs to stay outside where it belongs!
Who is in need of a new and refreshing recipe that is awesome enough for the weekend, yet easy enough for a weekday? Ya! Me too! Well, this is for you then. The prep only takes 15 minutes, let them marinate for 30 (which is a blink of an eye around this house), and stick these bad boys on the grill. So easy right?! I love easy. I also love tasty and when I can combine the two — bullseye!
It is so hot out lately and the upcoming week is trending upward to the 100s. Pretty sure 100s + NE humidity = about 3 showers daily. We took our kids to the park over the weekend and strolled through Art in the Park. Umm, so the last sentence may seem like no big deal to most but we have a 3, 4, and 5 year old. Two years ago, my husband and I would have looked at each other and said, “Nah, it’s not worth trying.” Today, however, they were calm, chill, and walking around having a good time. This is amaaaaazing! Oh, and the fact that it felt like 85 degrees in the shade and a whopping 150 degrees in the sun may have had something to do with why they were a little more into the shaded Art in the Park scene opposed to the scorching playground. I am hoping they behave this well next week for our outdoor family photo session with Katie Autry. Cool, calm kid vibes keep ’em rolling puhlease!
I totally suggest you try these amazing Asian Ginger Chicken Thighs if you are feeling the grilled yummies at all. Oh, and bonus the kids loved them. And by kids, I mean Collin and Parker. We are still working on expanding little Reese’s assortment of meats she is willing to even look at without immediately scrunching up her nose followed by “I don like dat.” If meat came in chip form, I would be feeling a little better about my chances. However, I will keep my hopes high!
Asian Ginger Chicken Thighs
- Weekend Good
- Weeknight Simple
- 6 boneless chicken thighs, (can make up to 12 with the amount of marinade in this recipe)
- ¼ cup minced ginger, fresh or jarred
- ⅓ cup minced shallot
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 green onions, minced
- In a small bowl, combine ginger, shallot, lemon juice, olive oil, and soy sauce. Whisk together.
- Reserve half of the mixture for serving and pour the other half in a shallow baking dish.
- Add the chicken thighs and 2 chopped green onions.
- Cover, and set aside for 30 minutes. Place skewers in water for 30 minutes at this time.
- Preheat grill to 400℉.
- Arrange chicken skewers. Slide first skewer 1 inch from the left side of thigh and second skewer 1 inch from the right side of thigh. Add a second chicken thigh to these same skewers. Repeat for remaining chicken thighs.
- Transfer skewers to grill. Grill 8-10 minutes a side or until thighs are golden and firm. Remove from grill and arrange on serving dish off of the skewers. Drizzle with the reserved ginger mixture (not the marinade). Sprinkle with remaining green onion.