Baked sweet potatoes stuffed with chicken smothered in BBQ sauce and a little ranch. These magical sweet potatoes are topped off with onion and jalapeño plus a dollop of plain greek yogurt.
Alrighty, who is in need of an easy peasy meal that’s super delicious? I think we all are. I am so pumped about sharing this recipe with you for two reasons: 1. My hubs gave it a 10 on the ‘ol meal rating system I make him do. 2. It is as simple as it is delicious!! I have really been digging the Trader Joe’s Sriracha and Roasted Garlic BBQ Sauce lately. I use it whenever I can.
These BBQ ranch chicken stuffed sweet potatoes are a perfect meal with school starting. Because school starting means less time to get dinner on the table due to after school activities, errands, sports, younameit there is not enough hours in the day! Stay calm. I gotcha covered with this easy, no fuss meal that requires no food processors, mixers, or stovetop mess. No, no tonight we are going fuss-free but are not sacrificing taste in exchange at all. Try these little wonders and you will probably be adding them to your list of regular meals ( I totally have the bobble head thing goin right now).
I am not even sure why I specifically named them easiest weeknight stuffed sweet potatoes because I sometimes want easy on Saturday or Sunday night too! Life gets busy and I get tired and sometimes the weekends call for meals just like this that taste great and require little energy.
But I really love that they look like I probably spent hours on them but that can just be a little secret between you and me.
When you are low on energy, sleep, motivation…making these BBQ Ranch Stuffed Sweet Potatoes will require little energy from you and who knows you may even be able to make them in your sleep before you know it! Because you are a boss and you do dinner like a boss too!
Fast Facts on Sweet Potatoes: An average medium-size sweet potato has about 100 calories with almost 4 grams of fiber. They are high in Vitamin A and a good source of potassium. When you top potatoes with healthy and delicious ingredients they are indeed healthy.
- 4 medium-size sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts, skinless
- pinch coarse salt and black pepper
- ½ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup lite ranch
- ¾ teaspoon ground ancho chile powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped or ⅛ teaspoon dried cilantro
- ¼ cup whole plain greek yogurt (recommend whole over nonfat greek yogurt for these)
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork and brush with olive oil. Place on baking sheet and bake for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile when potatoes have 30 minutes remaining to bake, either preheat another oven to 350℉ or once potatoes are done, lower temp oven to 350℉ and cover potatoes with foil to keep warm.
- In a baking dish, add chicken breasts and sprinkle pinch of salt and pepper over each chicken breast.
- Rub in about ¼ teaspoon ancho chile powder over each chicken breast.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until juices run clear or you reach an internal temp of 165℉.
- Shred chicken. Add BBQ sauce, ranch and ¼ teaspoon ancho chile powder and mix together until incorporated.
- In a small bowl combine jalapeño, onion, and cilantro and stir.
- Make a slit lengthwise on the top of sweet potatoes. Gently open up potatoes using back of a spoon. Add BBQ Ranch Chicken to potatoes, top with jalapeño and onion, and a dollop of plain greek yogurt.
More Delicious Meals