Almond Butter and Oat Bars mixed with peanuts, crushed pistachios, and mini chocolate chips. These bars are the perfect thing to grab on the way out the door for a healthy breakfast or after a hard workout.
Breakfast Is A Good Thing
You guys, I’m not a breakfast eater but that seems to be changing. I mean I know breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I have eaten breakfast for most of my life. That is until the last…well probably since I got married and we had kids because I no longer had time. Suddenly, feeding the kids and getting them ready before we had to head out the door was much more important. And it’s been fine. I actually didn’t even miss not eating in the morning and quickly got accustomed to just my coffee. However, since being home with the kids, my coffee is not enough to keep me going until lunch time.
I run around and around all morning long and by the time I have a chance to eat I am so dang hungry. The solution? Time to start eating breakfast! And these almond butter and oat bars are just what I have time for in the mornin! 🌤
So, this is me; the new breakfast eating me. And another thing, I don’t drink as much coffee now that I eat a quick breakfast. Just 2 cups now! Stellar! And these almond butter oat bars are perfect for me to grab in the morning and then off I go! They are so chewy and so delicious. Around this house, they can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, snack, or dessert.
These bars are that AWESOME!! Almond Butter is the WAY-TA-GO!!
For this recipe here is the almond butter I used. I have also tried Jif®️ creamy almond butter but picked up MaraNatha®️ this time because it didn’t have any hydrogenated vegetable oils in it.
Affiliate Link Disclosure:
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on the links and purchase the products I will receive a commission. I only recommend products that I have used myself and enjoy and would recommend to you.
Busy Days. Busy Life.
Here you have a recipe for a quick breakfast idea, a healthy snack to take to work, or a bar to grab for some post-workout fuel. These bars are perfect for on-the-go and our busy, busy lifestyles. This is a great snack option and it is packed with nutrients. Nutrients. The important little things we are all in need of in this crazy, busy world overloaded with fast food and convenience foods that are high in calories and low in nutrients. With a little planning, we can all make smart choices about the food we are putting in to our bodies.
Currently I am reading The Body Book by Cameron Diaz and it is terrific! It really makes you think twice about what foods we are eating on a regular basis and just how much food affects the way we feel and look. Check it out here.
What Makes These Bars Awesome
- These bars have just 6 ingredients. Yet, these 6 ingredients together produce an awesome flavor! I am kind of on an almond butter kick this week!
- They take just 15 minutes to prep. That’s a little bit of time to have a whole lot of grab-and-go breakfasts for you and the family.
- Packed with nutrition. No unnecessary/weird ingredients like the bars you buy off the shelves. Just wholesome ingredients that will give your body energy. Now that is AWESOME!! 👊
Best Chewy Almond Butter & Oat Bars
Good Source of Protein
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups whole oats
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons crushed pistachios
- ½ cup peanut halves
- Combine oats, chocolate chips, pistachios, and peanuts in a large bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, add almond butter, honey, and almond extract and stir well until incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a 9x13 pan lined with parchment paper, add almond butter and oat mix to pan and press down evenly with a spoon.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
Homemade Cinnamon Pecan Granola
Cherry Almond Granola