Anyone looking for one of the best comfort food meals out there better make sure and try this recipe out! It’s delicious, easy, and did I mention delicious!? You are looking at the Best Instant Pot Chuck Roast!
Are you ready for some of the most delicious roast of your entire life? Isn’t the answer always YES YES YES!
Instant Pot, do yo thing and make our dreams come true. Wow, what a great way to wrap up the day. I won’t judge if you find yourself licking the plate even if no ice cream was involved. This stuff is that awesome.
I had the same concern you probably have right now-doesn’t the meat get dried out from the instant pot? The answer is a big fat NO WAY it’s totally the opposite. That first chunk of meat you pick up is falling apart and is so tender and juicy and you guys just gotta give this a try.
GO BUY AN INSTANT POT!! (affiliate link)
I had my doubts but GEEZ those crazy ideas are long gone.
I’m sure everyone’s favorite part of their Sunday dinner chuck roast is the roast. Duh, of course! However, the carrots and potatoes though!!
Growing up we had roast on Sundays pretty often and the roast was always awesome but you know what else was pretty awesome- smashing up my potatoes and drizzling some Ranch dressing over them!! I know, I know I can’t imagine the looks I am getting right now. I am okay with all of them because those potatoes were worth it. And you know what, I did it again for old time’s sake when we ate this roast the other day and it was STILL awesome. Like a TEN!
For this chuck roast, I seared the roast on both sides and then pressure cooked it for 50 minutes. When it was safe to open up the Instant Pot, I tossed in the veggies and pressure cooked it all for another 10 minutes. That’s it.
Another favorite meal in the books!
Just between you and me my husband said this was hands down the best chuck roast he had ever eaten. You wanna get your hands on that don’t cha?
- 1 2-4 lb chuck roast
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 6-7 carrots, peeled and cut into 1½ inch chunks
- 5-6 baby potatoes, washed and dried
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- In a small bowl combine salt, thyme, and black pepper. Rub evenly over entire roast.
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté function and drizzle oil into pot. Place roast in pot and sear about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add garlic and bay leaves. Pour beef broth into pot.
- Secure lid. Set steam release valve to sealing. Set to Pressure Cook for 50 minutes.
- Use quick release and turn steam release handle to venting carefully. Give it a few minutes to do this.
- Remove lid and toss in the onion wedges, carrot chunks, potatoes, and chopped celery.
- Replace lid and secure it. Turn pressure release valve back to sealing. Pressure cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Use quick release method again by turning valve to venting and allow a few minutes for it to do this.
- Remove chuck roast and vegetables and place on a platter. Discard bay leaves.
More Delicious Dinners