A classic American/Italian dish made simple yet still delicious in soup form.
Chicken Parm Take 2!
Sorry, not sorry. I can’t help my love for chicken parmesan recently. Its justsogood. I can eat it in all its forms. I love the traditional, the light version over spaghetti squash here, and now in soup form, which is perfect for the cooler weather that is finally happening.
The soup itself is delicious but when you add in the homemade croutons you know you made something great!
A soup can not get much more cozy than this tomato-ey and cheesy chicken parm one does especially with the homemade croutons! Can’t get over them. These homemade croutons will change your life. Well, your dinner life at least. They deserve to be a part of your salads, soups, snacks even. And what’s even better is they are as simple as they are good tasting.
I’m gonna have to say the decision to do homemade croutons is a WIN-WIN.
This recipe is from Pampered Chef™ and I actually used it at one of my first parties and it was such a hit. My own kids also loved it and that doesn’t happen every day so I am almost without words right now. Almost.
Everything about this soup just screams fall and I think that’s why I like it so much. I am ready for the jeans and sweaters and cute boots. I am ready for it all. My kids and I even hit up a pumpkin patch already and it was such a blast. We will be pumpkin patch hopping for the next several weeks and I could not be happier. I absolutely love pumpkin patch season. The funny slides, the hayrack rides, oversize trikes, and oh don’t forget the fun air pillows.
A perfect fall day is spent at the pumpkin patch followed by this warm and cozy chicken parmesan soup.
- ¼ loaf of Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + extra for brushing chicken
- Coarse salt and black pepper to season chicken
- 3 tablespoons garlic and herb rub, divided
- 1½ cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¾ cup grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Slice chicken in half lengthwise and brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until done.
- If using Pampered Chef™ Grill Pan and Press, preheat for 2-3 minutes on medium-high heat. Prep chicken as stated above and cook 3 minutes, flip, and cook another 3 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes and then dice.
- Cut bread into ¾ inch cubes and place in microwave-safe dish. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of rub and stir well. Microwave on high 3-4 minutes. Stir every minute or so. Once bread is hard and begins to brown, they are done.
- This recipe was developed with use of the RockcrokⓇ by Pampered Chef to make in the microwave. See notes for that specific recipe. I am providing stovetop recipe.
- Over medium-high heat combine chicken stock, 2 tablespoons rub, marinara sauce, tomatoes, diced chicken, and garlic in a stockpot or dutch oven.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until hot.
- Add Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Top the soup with half of mozzarella cheese and half of the croutons and mix in.
- To serve, top individual serving bowls evenly with remaining cheese and croutons.
More Delicious Soup Ideas