Cheesy Shrimp and Spaghetti Casserole will satisfy all of your dinner goals. Flavors of spicy salsa, three cheeses, handfuls of shrimp, and whole grain spaghetti does wonders when combined in casserole form.
Cheesy Shrimp and Spaghetti Casserole…now we are talkin.
What comes between you and this delicious dish we call dinner? Only about 20ish minutes of prep time and 30 minutes of bake time to bring your friends and family this amazing deep covered baker (affiliate link) full of a great meal for all! Let’s get into this a little deeper eh?!
First of all, I am totally lovin this new pasta that I have been buying lately. The brand is called Gustare and I have been getting it from HyVee. It’s organic and whole grain and tastes fabulous and not all whole grain-ish if you know what I mean. Just creamy pasta goodness!!
Lots of awesome ingredients go into the this casserole and here is a sneak peak…👀
This casserole is all about layers and instead of talking through each one, I figured why not SHOW you the layers…
Bake for 30-40 minutes and voila! A super scrumptious suppa..
- 1½ pounds cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups half and half
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup Swiss cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon Creole seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 16 oz jar of your favorite mild to med chunky salsa
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In a large stockpot, bring salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain and set aside. Add a couple spritzes of olive oil spray or non-stick cooking spray to pasta to keep it from sticking together.
- Grease a 12x8 inch pan or baking dish with olive oil spray or non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, half and half, yogurt, Swiss cheese, Feta cheese, parsley, chives, garlic, Creole seasoning and oregano. Mix with wire whisk until well incorporated.
- Toss half of the spaghetti evenly into the bottom of pan.
- Top the pasta with the salsa.
- Arrange half of the shrimp on top of the salsa.
- Sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese on top of the shrimp.
- Toss the remaining spaghetti evenly on top of the cheese.
- Finally, pour the egg mixture over the entire dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes depending on how deep your baking dish is. Top of casserole should be golden brown and bubbly.
- Let casserole set for 10 minutes prior to serving to thicken sauce up a bit.
More Delicious Seafood Dinners