Cherries and Oats baked for 30 min to bring you a breakfast you will want every day!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! AND HELLOOOO 2018!
Gotta love the fresh start. New goals, new inspiration, and new tasty meals coming up right here guys.
This probably sounds crazy but I am so excited to start cooking and trying out my fun new toys I got for Christmas. I received a Blendtec and an Instant Pot and I cannot wait to get my hands on them. It seems I shouldn’t be hungry for a very long time after the amount of food I ate yesterday but crazy enough, it still happens.
So, what are we gonna do about that? Diet? Heck no! Diets aren’t fun at all. Diets suck the fun out of everything food related. It’s true. The answer is making simple modifications and lifestyle changes. I am in control of what I put on my plate and in my mouth so portion control is just a huge thing in my book. Also, don’t be afraid of fat, the good fats especially. They keep us full.
Looking at the year ahead, I have a few personal goals set. I don’t set myself up for failure because no one likes to fail. 1) I want to eat more whole foods and less processed foods, 2) Eat one plant-based dinner a week, 3) read every night to my kids, and 4) find time to go out once a month with my husband. 2017 was busy, busy, busy! I hope to find time to enjoy my time in 2018 a little more. I feel we often take our kids to parks, children’s museums, and simply outside to play but I look forward to a weekend or two away with them to new places! Aside from the time in the car 😉, they LOVE TO GO PLACES!! And bonus, so do I!
Now for this amazing and out of this world cherry and oat breakfast crumble!
I seriously love how you can just pop in a couple bags of frozen red tart cherries, mix up the crumble, and sprinkle it over the cherries and into the oven it goes! So easy. It’s an everyday life kinda recipe.
Here is a look at the ingredients:
Frozen red tart cherries
Real, whole ingredients to nourish that body of yours.
Oh, and if you’re looking for a little sparkle to your breakfast crumble, try the glaze that’s naturally pink flavored from the juice of a few cherries. How sweet is that!
This cherry and oat breakfast crumble is sweetened with the cherries and also the honey that is in the oat crumble topping. But go ahead and try a little of that glaze over the top because it’s soo good! Definitely a good way to kick off my 2018!!
I wish you guys the best year ever!
- 4 cups frozen red tart cherries
- 2 cups whole oats
- ½ cup almonds
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk ( I used coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 red tart cherries
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Chop the almonds in a food processor until finely ground.
- Combine oats, ground almonds, and salt in a large bowl. Add vanilla, honey and coconut oil and stir with wooden spoon until well mixed.
- In a square baking dish (8x8 or 9x9), arrange berries at the bottom. Spoon oat mixture over berries and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the oat mixture has turned golden brown. Serve warm.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, milk, and vanilla in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, add 4 frozen cherries. Microwave for 15-20 seconds. Add the juice from the cherries to the bowl with the glaze and combine.
- When serving breakfast crumble, add glaze to individual servings as desired.
Nutrition facts does not include glaze
More Delicious Breakfast Ideas