Cilantro Lime Steak Fajitas
Everything about these makes me want to eat them again tonight, tomorrow, and the next day.
This post contains affiliate links meaning I will receive a commission from any purchases made from those links. As always, I only recommend products I use and love.
Fajitas. I LOVE fajitas!!
Double exclamation point needs no justification.
So why don’t I make them more often. They are healthy, delicious, and full of flavor. Is it because of all of the components that go into making them? Or that I usually make them with chicken and I always get the hunch that my husband is thinking chicken again? Or is it going to the trouble of making them leaves me disappointed when my 3, 4, and 5 year old refuse them while turning up their noses at the peppers and onions, which are the best part!
My solution is to first throw all those negative thoughts to the curb and make these not so intimidating steak fajitas! When you break your recipe up when there are multiple parts it is easier to manage.
First, the steak! Mmmm Mmm Mmm. I used a one pound cut of flank steak for these fajitas. Marinate them for 12-24 hours ahead of time in the cilantro lime marinade listed below in the recipe.
Second, when it is time to start thinking about supper (or lunch!) preheat your grill or grill pan like this one that I used. This grill pan is changing my attitude towards cooking meat! It makes it simple and fast and fun! I can heat the pan for about 5 minutes and cook chicken in under 7 minutes with the grill pan and press. It’s awesome! And the nonstick surface makes cleaning a snap! As a food blogger, convenience and ease of use is so important to me and this product is so nice.
Now it’s time to grab those lovely peppers and onions and begin sautéing. Cook them until they are nice and soft with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and they will add so much flavor and texture to your fajitas.
Grab the steak and begin cooking!
I’m in love with Pampered Chef’s Grill Pan and Press™. It just adds so many options for meal time and will all year long. When it’s raining cats and dogs on burger night..no prob. Will just be getting out my grill pan. I see a lot of burgers, grilled chicken, pork chops, and veggies coming off this grill pan in the future. Cooking times vary but on average meat cooks in less than 8 minutes on this pan in combination with the press. 🙂
Make tonight a steak fajita night!!
- 1 lb flank steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 flour tortillas
- sour cream
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Place steak in a baking dish. Whisk together marinade ingredients and pour over steak. Flip steak once or twice to coat it. Cover and refrigerate at least 12 hours up to 24.
- Preheat grill to medium or grill pan to medium high heat. Remove steak from marinade and discard marinade. Grill about 4-5 minutes each side. With the Pampered Chef Grill Pan and Press™, cook 5 minutes, flip over and cook another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for a couple minutes.
- Slice into thin strips.
- While grill is preheating, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions to pan and cook, stirring frequently until soft or about 6 minutes.
- Warm tortillas in microwave between two paper towels for 20 seconds.
- Add steak strips to tortillas along with peppers and onions. Follow with other toppings including guacamole, salsa, sour cream, and fresh lime juice. Roll up and enjoy!