Homemade granola packed with oats, cashews, coconut, pepitas and a couple handfuls of chocolate chips to create the most delicious granola!
Are you aware that homemade granola is one of the best foods ever?! It is also one of my favorite foods to make because it is so easy. This chewy Coconut Cashew Granola is healthy enough for breakfast and tasty enough for that mid-afternoon snack. I love it over a bowl of greek yogurt, mixed in with a bowl of sliced bananas, or a la carte is superb too!
One of the things I find with granola is that I can find myself enjoying a bite here or there any time of the day. In fact, any time one enters the kitchen you can expect a few clusters of this magnificent granola to disappear.
Soft and chewy clusters is what makes up this Coconut and Cashew Granola with Chocolate Chips!
Well folks, spending the weekend outdoors in the beautiful weather here in NE has most certainly taken its toll on me. I am talking sneeze upon sneeze, constant itchy eyes to the point I ponder if any of my allergy medicine is helping at all. Oh, and I can’t leave out the immediate congestion that takes effect the minute I lie down. A constant cycle brought on by the wonderful late summer weather…at least I have my granola.
Yes, this Coconut and Cashew Granola with Chocolate Chips is just so tasty! It actually does more than just satisfy your hunger. It’s also been known to help get your behind out of bed in the morning. If you are looking for some motivation to help your spouse get up too, try placing a batch of this awesome stuff in the oven and watch it work its magic!
When Is a Good Time to Eat Granola?
2. With Yogurt at Lunch
3. Replacement for Dessert at Dinner
- 3 cups whole oats
- ½ cup cashew halves
- ½ cup coconut
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup honey
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300℉. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, cashews, coconut, brown sugar, and pepitas.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine melted coconut oil, honey, egg white, and vanilla and whisk ingredients until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Spread granola mixture on baking sheet and even it out with rubber spatula.
- Bake at 300℉ for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Rotate baking sheet after 20minutes. Do NOT stir granola while baking. This will prevent large clusters from forming.
- Let cool completely and then break clusters apart.
- Add chocolate chips once cooled.
- Store in airtight container up to 1 week.
More Delicious Granola Recipes