Easy Weeknight Garlic Butter & Herb Roast Chicken is a recipe your family will love over and over! Tender, juicy chicken that is big on flavor just never gets old!!
Roast Chicken…aw you have me at hello every time!
So simple to prepare. Then I pop you in the oven and take a few peeks do I dare?
The aroma in the kitchen is of fall delight, keep you all to myself I think I might.
Your title alone makes me get all excited. Heck warm juicy chicken, that will get our family united!
The only thing that gives me a fright is the carving straight outta the oven, my fingers burning… a swear word or two or three, oh I just might!
Hahah! Is that lame or what?!
Totally not a poet and I don’t even know where that came from or why I am actually leaving that on this post but heck why not?
I LOVE ROAST CHICKEN in a non weird food way ya know. It’s classic, it’s delicious, and with the right touch it can be a family favorite.
Sometimes I struggle with what sides I have to prepare with it, but then why not make it easy and just stick in some small red potatoes with it and make it all happen at once!
Sounds like a winner to me! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
Wow! I’m so sorry for all the lame words today. I’m pretty exhausted from the weekend.
Saturday we went to Roca Berry Farm and had the most fun. Such a great pumpkin patch. I’m not sure who had more fun, my husband or the kids? Either way we will be going back to that one again next year I am sure.
Hope this recipe sparks some interest to up your chicken game and really love those roast chicken dinners. I know we love this recipe and really inspires me to cook whole chickens more, hot fingers and all. I just never learn…let it cool. Let it cool. LET IT COOL.
Happy Monday Friends! Hope you have a great week!
- 1 4-5lb whole chicken, patted dry with paper towels
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + more for coating potatoes
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5-7 small red potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- On a cutting board, combine/chop the basil and garlic together. Add them to a bowl with the butter and mix until well combined.
- With the chicken in a cast iron skillet, rub the butter and garlic mixture first under the skin of breasts and thighs and then over the skin of entire chicken.
- Wash and dry red potatoes and place around the chicken. Lightly coat with olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon olive oil and oregano, thyme, parsley, and crushed red pepper. Brush seasonings over entire chicken.
- Bake for 1 hour- 1 hour 10 minutes or until a temperature of the breasts registers 165℉.
- Let cool 20 minutes before carving.
More Delicious Dinners