Juicy Grilled Pork Chops with a Pear and Ginger Sauce that has been simmered and sweetened with Blue Agave with hints of cinnamon. Great summertime evening meal to keep the heat outside!
There is something about early summer mornings that make me smile-even if it is Monday. I always walk out to check if I have missed seeing the sunrise because actually seeing the sun peek over the field in front of our house is so darn mesmerizing.
It makes me want to grab my morning cup of Jo, grab a seat outside on the bench on our front porch and really take it all in. It is about that time reality sets in and I hear little footsteps walking towards me, blankie in hand, followed by the famous Davidson words of “You hold me. I need juice.” Makes me melt ❤️ every time, and the sunrise is now at the back of my mind. Time to get movin on this new day!
Oh! And Then This!!
Life has been so busy lately. And busy this time of year means three hot and sweaty little kiddos along with a momma that is just trying to keep up. It is halfway a game sometimes in that I am trying to anticipate their next move. Juice? Break? Lunch? Oh, mooore bikeriding?! Ok, it’s already been an hour and it is only 92 degrees (with 85% humidity around here). You sure kids?
What is even more comical is how my 3 year-old little girl refuses to take her backpack off. She has now started wearing it while riding her bike. Our perspectives are obviously very different. I see- My little girl riding her bike with her backpack that is filled with toys to the brim. She is so little and that thing is so heavy. How my little Reese probably thinks- I m ridin my bike with my fav bakpak n its filled with all of my fav toys. I so lucky. 😉
What does any of this have to do with these Pork Chops with Pear and Ginger Sauce? Well, not much, but you see when you have these lovely summer days you expect to end them with a lovely evening meal. That is exactly where the pork chops come in!
What is so darn special about these Pork Chops with Pear and Ginger Sauce?
- Loving this Pear and Ginger Sauce so much. It is sweetened with Blue Agave, which is a low glycemic sweetener. Hints of cinnamon. Every time I see a pear all I can think of is this sweet sauce.
- High in Protein. Pork chop and sauce is gluten-free.
- Pairs perfectly (pun intended!) with Steamfresh Protein Blends Asian Style. Because sometimes I like to take a shortcut. 😉
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 4 fresh pears
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup blue agave
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Half and core pears. Add to medium saucepan with apple cider vinegar.
- Simmer for 10 minutes uncovered. Stir occasionally.
- Cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add blue agave, butter, lemon juice, cinnamon, and vanilla and simmer for another 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Spoon contents into bowl of a large food processor, reserving a half of a pear to garnish pork chops if desired. Discard cinnamon stick. Pulse until finely chopped. Serve warm over pork chops.
- Meanwhile preheat grill up to 500 or 600℉ to get the grates good and hot and this allows for easy cleaning.
- Place pork chops on grill and at this time turn temperature down to 400℉.
- Grill 7-9 minutes per side flipping pork chops once. These pork chops were 1¼" thick and grilled them 8 minutes per side.
- You are looking to reach an internal temperature of 145℉ for pork chops.
- Transfer pork chops to plates.
- Slice the reserved pear and place 1-2 slices on top of each pork chop along with a good spoonful of pear and ginger sauce.
If you love these pork chops then you love these as well-