Healthy Chicken Enchilada Pot to provide a bowl full of nutrition and flavor. This pot needs to be on your next weekly menu!
Chicken Enchiladas = DEE-LISH!
Chicken Enchilada Pot = OUTTA THIS WORLD!!
CELEBRATE!! It’s Wednesday, beautiful fall colors are happenin, and good food is in the house!
I have always been more of a chicken enchilada in soup form rather than in enchilada form. The reason being is both are both so delicious but I don’t feel so miserable after eating the soup compared to the actual enchiladas. How about you??
When it comes to chicken enchilada soup, the more textures and flavors the better. This soup tastes great as is, but I just can’t stop myself from adding some tortilla strips and avocado on top. Oh! And the squeeze of lime is a MUST! Talk about a nice little bowl of yum!
If you’re curious, here’s a sneak peak of what’s in this soup:
- fire roasted tomatoes
- cooked, shredded chicken seasoned with ancho chile powder
- black beans
- red enchilada sauce
And of course, add plenty of toppings if you so choose…avocados, fresh lime juice, chopped cilantro, tortilla strips, and/or jalapeños.
I love how everyone knows something good is coming to the table just as you start to cook the onions, garlic, and fire roasted tomatoes. You will be feeling good about your evening because who out there isn’t ready for a nice bowl of delicious soup after a long day? I think we all know the answer to that…yup.
This is what cold days should be made of: crackling fires, good books, and this healthy chicken enchilada pot.
And apparently the definition of cold days right now is a windy 55 degrees…oh I am up for a rude awakening in the near future, eh?
Goodness gracious, am I sure glad we have leftovers. That seems super shocking to say but I am 100% all the way serious right now. This healthy chicken enchilada pot means business. I could totally see a fun dinner party ahead (who has time for these cuz I wanna know?!) featuring this pot with all kinds of yummy toppings set out to meet your chicken enchilada pot needs.
Oh, and one more thing. For those with toddlers or little kids you might be thinking what we fed them as this soup is a bit on the spicy side. Plus, little kids and soup…how brave are you? Well, I heated up the remainder of the can of corn and served that with a few chips, bananas, and a little bit of the shredded chicken I set aside for them. They loved it!!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced/crushed
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Ancho chile powder or pure chile powder
- 1 15 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 1 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 pound cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 can black beans
- ¾ cup corn
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 3-5 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the cumin, coriander, and Ancho chile powder until it is well incorporated.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock, enchilada sauce, beans, and corn.
- Bring pot to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Add shredded chicken and reduce heat to medium low.
- Ladle into serving bowls. Optional toppings: avocado, jalapeño, tortilla strips, and/or chopped cilantro
Again not to shout Pampered Chef™ all over, but the Grill Pan and Press was super convenient in cooking the chicken breasts quick. I seasoned them with a pinch of salt and pepper, and a light rub of the Ancho chile powder for a bit more of a kick. Then cooked them for 3 minutes, flipped them and cooked for 3 more minutes. Easy peasy.
More Delicious Soup Ideas