Herb chicken, quinoa, and veggies mixed with hummus and basil pesto in a tasty wrap. These wraps are easy to make and have a great flavor with the combination of sautéed orange and green peppers and arugula with chicken seasoned with Herbs de Provence.
Spring. I love this time of year. I love the mild temperatures and the fact that I can leave the house without 5 layers of clothes. I also love spring food! It happens every year without me even realizing it; my grocery lists and weekly menus gradually change as the temperature go up. The weeks of hearty stews and beefy pastas are replaced by salads, grilled meats/fish, and lighter meals all together. Just good ‘ol nutritious eats! Most of the time anyway. 😉
I have been eating wraps since I was about 10 years old. During the summer months my mom would fix turkey wraps with veggies, cheese and a little salsa and they were amazing. Wraps have been a favorite ever since.
You can cook up some really good stuff and make it into a wrap for an easy, make-ahead meal that is delicious and nutritious!!
Wraps are also a good way to pack in some extra veggies for the day. I really like sautéed peppers and they really take these wraps to the next level of deliciousness!! Mmmm Mmm!
LUNCH FOR SUPPER
These herb chicken, quinoa, and veggie wraps are great for lunch but also for supper. During the spring our evening meals suddenly become lighter and start to look a little more like lunches. This is mainly because our kids are only interested in being outside so we have to fix food quick and keep it simple. With this in mind, I also like to create new meals from some of our favorite “oldies”. For instance, finding new ways to fix jumbo pasta shells, putting new sauces on steaks…see where I am going…discovering ways to spice up the wraps I have been eating for years!!
My go-to lunch is a turkey, hummus, and avocado wrap. Tastes great! Then the other day I started experimenting and cooked some chicken seasoned with Herbs de Provence and alone it was fantastic. So, of course I thought why not fix this amazing herby chicken and make it into a wrap?!
And so it happened. Herbs de Provence seasoned chicken with quinoa, peppers, hummus, arugula, basil pesto, and Parmigianno Reggiano cheese. And let me tell you 👉 this wrap is absolutely fantastic! For a wrap, it is totally supper worthy!
You know because for lunch you can chow down on anything, but for dinner it has got to be great!
This post contains affiliate links meaning I will receive a commission on any purchases made from the links. I only recommend products I have used myself and would recommend to you.
- 1.25 lbs chicken breasts- I like to use the thinly sliced chicken breasts for this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- ½ green pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- ½ orange pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 cup arugula
- ½ cup quinoa super grain blend
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- ¼ cup Parmigianno Reggiano or Parmesan cheese
- 4 10-inch tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Place chicken breasts in baking dish and brush with 1T olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and Herbs de Provence.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- Cut into thin strips and set aside.
- Once chicken is placed in the oven, cook quinoa per manufacturer's instructions on package and then set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in stainless steel pan at medium heat.
- Add green and orange pepper strips to pan and cook for 5-8 minutes or until tender, stirring often.
- Add arugula, reduce heat to medium low and stir just until arugula begins to wilt.
- Remove from heat.
- To arrange wraps, lay out tortilla and spread hummus on tortilla leaving ½ inch border on right side. Add chicken strips, ¼ cup quinoa, cheese, basil pesto, and veggies.
- Roll up tortilla and cut into 2 halves with serrated knife.