Lazy Saturday Blueberry Peach Scones for the win on this wonderful Thursday! They are topped with a sweet vanilla glaze. Plus, they are easy to make and your family will be asking for more!
It’s summer! And Summer 2017 has been non-stop trips to the park, splash pads, pool days, story time at the library here and there M-F. When Saturday morning comes–crash time! 😴 Saturday mornings are our recup time aka lounging, coffee, and more coffee. I also take extra long to get ready on Saturday because I have gone through the entire week by air drying my hair, makeup on in 4 minutes flat, basically anything to get a few extra minutes to get some work done before the kids require my full attention.
Speaking of attention, how ’bout this butter shot?! 😋
And that is why I like to have these Lazy Saturday Blueberry Peach Scones around on the weekend. They are there for me at breakfast, lunch, and dinner in case I really don’t feel like cooking. But let’s be honest, that rarely happens. 👩🍳
My favorite (jump for joy kinda favorite!) way to eat these fantabulous scones is straight outta the oven. Maybe cooled just a bit, but definitely so tasty when they are still warm. BUT, fun fact- they are just as amazing once cooled too! These scones are just an all around happy kind of delicious. The happy kind of delicious where I am going to have just 1 more so I can savor this a little longer OR the happy kind of delicious where 1 will do because I want to have more for later!
Ya know the less is more type of thing. 😉 Less now = More later!
Oh, and if you are questioning the blueberry peach combination, then you have got to try for yourself just how tasty they are together. And in scone form?! I just love it! And I hope you do too!
With the 4th of July next week, I hope you all have a fun and safe holiday filled with good times and good eats.
Tag me @3scoopsofsugar and #3scoopsofsugar if you make them! Because you can never have too many delicious recipes for Summer Brunch’n!
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ½ cup buttermilk + more for brushing
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup frozen peaches, chopped (no need to thaw)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk (any kind)
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Grate butter and add to bowl to combine more easily. Using fingers, rub in butter with ingredients until mixture becomes coarse. A pastry cutter also works for this step.
- Fold in blueberries and peaches.
- In a small bowl, add buttermilk, egg, and vanilla and whisk together until well combined.
- Pour into flour mixture and mix together using a fork until dough starts to come together. It's okay for some flour to be left in bowl.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead a couple times just until remaining flour becomes incorporated into dough.
- Gently pat dough into a 1 inch thick round. Cut dough evenly into 12 different wedges or squares.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheets.
- Brush with buttermilk.
- Bake until golden brown, 18-23 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
- While scones are cooling, add glaze ingredients to a small bowl and mix well until ingredients are incorporated. Drizzle over scones and serve.