Get a light and healthy start to your day by munching on this Whole Grain Pizza Crust topped with sausage, eggs, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, shallots, and Baby Bella mushrooms. It’s just the right amount of yum to get your day to a beautiful start.
Fall is definitely here.
Need a little confirmation? Just start browsing online and you will see soup here, pasta there, pumpkin everywhere! Yes it is fall and guess what…I’m loooving it! Yes, partly because I raised the roof with this breakfast pizza! Gosh you guys, I pulled it out of the oven the other day and was like “meh, I don’t know if this will make it to the blog.” BUT THEN I took a bite and was like “YEEEAA!!!” And here I am publishing another recipe straight from the oven at the Davidson household.
Love-ing life right now.
Homemade pizza crust be like Mmm Mmm good. And on top of that it is whole grain! Mmm K, so how does something healthy taste soo good? It’s all about balance. Mix of sausage for flavor with mushrooms and cheese for great texture, but the eggs are where it’s (it as in good food) at.
One more thing, I thought I would toss in some scallions and fresh chives for ya know some color and to make it look good but I wouldn’t want the pizza without them. They added some nice crunch and a ton of extra flavor.
I can totally see the hubs and I cozying up on Christmas morning watching the kids tear open their presents while enjoying a piece of this delicious pizza. You know how certain songs bring you back to specific moments in your life that just make you smile, or laugh, heck even cry. Well I am finding that food is starting to do that as well. The hamburger soup is something that brings me back to my childhood when all of us kids are sitting around the table together in the bitter cold winter months and just sipping on this delicious soup and then we would all race back to get seconds. Ahh, good ‘ol memories.
Check it out 👇
Eggs on Pizza? If you’re hesitating well why not live a little?
Eggs on Pizza are wonderful! And it couldn’t get easier, just plop those eggs on top of the cheese and let the oven do it’s thing. You deserve a break every now and then. Confession: I have never had a Casey’s breakfast pizza but according to my husband I am missing out. Are you a Casey’s breakfast pizza fan or is that just a Midwest thing? Well I am here to tell you that you are missing out if you haven’t tried this breakfast pizza because while it’s big on flavor it’s also big on nutrition and not all that unnecessary stuff.
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- ¾ cup water (105-115℉)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1¾ cup white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- ½ cup semolina flour (affiliate link)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cornmeal for dusting baking sheet
- ½ pound ground breakfast sausage
- 5-6 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1 shallot, chopped (divided)
- ¼ cup scallions, minced (divided)
- 4 teaspoons chives, minced (divided)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese (divided)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- In a bowl combine active dry yeast and warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes at least, or until yeast is dissolved.
- Transfer to bowl of stand up mixer. Add flours, sugar, salt, and olive oil . Mix on low speed for one minute.
- Using dough hook, increase speed to medium-low for 7 minutes. Can also knead dough by hand for 10 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a bowl lightly coated with oil. Flip dough over to coat both sides. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour.
- Grease 2 baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray. Lightly dust each baking sheet with cornmeal.
- Punch down dough and divide it into two halves.
- Roll each half into a ball and let rest for 10 minutes, covered loosely with plastic wrap.
- On a floured surface, flatten each ball of dough and roll out into somewhat of a 10-12 inch round.
- Transfer dough to baking sheets. Pinch edges all the way around to form a lip.
- Preheat oven to 450℉.
- Cook sausage in a fry pan over medium high heat for about 6-8 minutes or until cooked through. Meanwhile heat ½ tablespoon olive oil over medium heat in a small pan. Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle ½ cup mozzarella cheese over each pizza crust followed by ¼ cup parmesan cheese over each crust.
- Crack 2 eggs over each crust being careful not to break the yolks.
- Evenly add sausage and mushrooms to each pizza crust, followed by chopped shallot.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes and crust is golden brown. Baking for 12 minutes may give slightly runny yolks.
- Top pizzas with scallions and chives and more parmesan cheese if desired.
Fun Item that Made Slicing this Pizza a Breeze:
Pampered Chef Pizza/Crust Cutter
More Delicious Pizza Recipes