Are you in need of a simple and fun dessert that is a bit different? I think you came to the right place because you will love these Mini Vanilla Bundt Cakes with Chocolate Glaze. These little cakes will make the perfect holiday treat!
December is coming! December is coming!
The month of more cozy and delicious meals plus some crazy good desserts. Because seriously if you can’t justify dessert this time of year, then when can you justify it? Trust me.
What kind of dessert goer are you? Do you like to decide on one dessert and go with it or do you try a little of each? I personally try to pick one dessert and stick to that piece because when I try a “little” of each the sizes just don’t seem anywhere close to the little piece I was going for.
I wouldn’t even call it a trick, but the quote trick to these mini bundt cakes is spraying the pan nice and even with olive oil spray (affiliate link) and you will get cakes that fall off the pan perfectly. I was kind of in awe the first time I made them. I was like okay wait a minute, it’s really that easy? Yep it really is.
Delicious Little Cakes!
They are just waiting to be fancied up. So, let’s get to it!
The big question is do I love the cake or the glaze better? I dunno. That glaze though!! Don’t judge but it kind of reminds me of the chocolate glaze on the Long Johns I used to eat as a kid. They were a weekly Saturday morning treat! Pretty sure those Long Johns had cream in the middle too, and it seemed I turned out okay. Haha! Ahh, the good ‘ol days.
The goodness hidden in this chocolate glaze:
1. semisweet chocolate chips
2. organic blue agave
Prepare to be smitten…
Making these mini bundts pretty is so fun with this chocolate drizzler (affiliate link) from Pampered Chef. And if you don’t have a mini fluted cake pan, you can find one here. (affiliate) These bundt cakes are definitely something your kids can help with because the steps are simple and quick which are the best kind if you ask me.
- Olive oil spray
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup whole plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup whole milk or substitute ½ cup milk + 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons blue agave
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Spray mini fluted cake pan with olive oil spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and soda with whisk.
- To soften butter, microwave in its wrapper for 15-20 seconds on high.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, add butter, sugar, and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat until mixture becomes smooth and is lighter in color.
- Add the egg and beat until well incorporated and mixture is smooth again.
- Add the yogurt, milk, and vanilla. Beat well and scrape down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Pour in flour mixture and beat until combined and no lumps are visible.
- Using a large cookie-type scoop, transfer batter evenly into wells of mini fluted pan.
- Tap pan on counter to even out batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool for 5 minutes in pan and then invert onto cooling rack and cool completely before adding chocolate glaze.
- Add all three ingredients to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at 50%power for 1 minute. Test by stirring chocolate chips and if they are melted completely after stirring then you are good. Otherwise microwave for another 30 seconds at a time up to another minute until melted completely.
More Delicious Treats