Get a load of these Best Homemade Peppermint Mocha Lattés and cuddle up with your drink in hand, favorite movie, and the perfect fall night to come!
Let’s just be real. Now that Thanksgiving is over, you can expect a lot of peppermint flavored things, Ho Ho Ho’s, and the occasional healthy salad to keep our pants from getting too tight. Just because it isn’t beach season doesn’t mean we should have to cover up with a big ‘ol sweatshirt. Like my brother says after every meal, “Ugh, I overindulged.” 😂 Let’s be frank, it happens.
I don’t have a fancy espresso machine at home, but that does not mean I can’t make myself a fancy homemade mocha latté. Since it now gets dark at 5:15pm, I don’t always feel like getting out in the pitch black night to get a fancy drink. Seriously, I don’t feel like getting out in the winter past dark much at all unless it’s to look at Christmas lights.
The Solution 👉 Best Homemade Peppermint Mocha Lattés!! Without knowing it you will produce that sound you are used to hearing from your dad as a kid after that first sip of black coffee, “Ahhhhhh.” It’s not even really a word because it continues to trail off until you can barely hear it and then poof it’s gone. It’s a weird and real thing for coffee drinkers.
A Look at What’s In These Peppermint Mocha Lattés:
StarbucksⓇ Mocha Coffee
Pure Peppermint Extract
Crushed Candy Cane
If you are looking for a quick rundown on how you make this here it is…
- Make a 10 oz cup of coffee
- Combine the coffee, some milk, bittersweet chocolate, cocoa, and a little sugar in a saucepan and cook until the chocolate melts. Use a whisk to get that chocolate all mixed in and prevent any clumps at the bottom.
- Stir in peppermint extract
- The trick to frothing the milk: Add your milk to a mason jar and tighten the lid. Shake vigorously for one minute. Then remove the lid and microwave for 30 seconds, and your milk is frothy. It’s like magic.
The Best Time to Drink Your Peppermint Mocha Latté:
- When It’s Cold
- Around Christmas
- In the Evenings to Warm You Up
- When You Are Trying to Avoid Dessert But Need a Replacement 😊
- To De-Stress
- 10 oz StarbucksⓇ Mocha Coffee
- ½ cup skim milk, divided
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar or sweetener
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ounce 60% bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- crushed candy cane
- Pour brewed coffee and ¼ cup milk in to a small saucepan and cook over low heat.
- Add sugar, cocoa, and chocolate to saucepan and cook until chocolate has melted completely. Use a whisk to break up any chocolate clumps at the bottom.
- Add peppermint extract and stir in.
- Divide among two coffee cups.
- To make the milk froth, add remaining ¼ cup of milk to a mason jar or microwave safe jar with a lid. Tighten lid and shake milk vigorously for one minute. Remove lid and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Holding back froth, pour warm milk evenly among the two cups.
- Spoon froth onto mocha lattés and top with crushed candy cane pieces.