All I have to do is say Saturday and my mood instantly improves. We usually save the fun stuff for Saturday. You know like staying in bed a little later, sipping on that delicious cup of coffee (not guzzling it down to rush out the door), and not caring if the kids are in their jammies until noon.
So today, I am bringing you some Saturday Love that has made me smile recently. So read on…
- As sad as I am to see the summer come to an end, I am even more excited to see what this year will bring. My oldest, Collin, started Kindergarten and he already loves it. Sigh. I mean he asked when it would be time for bed because he was excited for his second day..at 6:30pm! Overall you could say he had a successful first day. His only complaint was he received only 2 packets of ketchup to go with his fries. It was clearly not enough. I just love him!
2. This Pampered Chef Quik-Stir Pitcher saves me. I absolutely love it. Water alone can be refreshing at times but usually I need more flavor and when I don’t have my peach tea or lemon water I don’t drink enough throughout the day. I like the Crystal Light Pure Peach Tea most days and the rest I stick with this awesome Lemon Cucumber Water that I can refill several times! Mixing them up is a breeze with this pitcher. I love anything to make life a bit simpler. And if you haven’t tried Cucumber Lemon Water before, do it! It’s so wonderful!!
3. My little girl was sick a few days ago. Sick like she was asking me to help her get into bed so she could lie down kinda sick. Then it got worse and was making frequent trips to the bathroom. She kept repeating, ” I got a tummy ache mommy.” I felt so bad and just tucked her into bed and sat with her. Now, there’s nothing I love about my little girl being sick that’s for sure. But it wasn’t 45 minutes later and she was up and running with her brothers. Literally she was running, jumping off the couch, and doing somersaults. Why can’t I bounce back like that?!! She was good to go. Now that is what I love and am also very envious.
4. Today, August 19, marks the day my cousin Jordane is getting married. Yayyy! Fun day to be had by all! And times have changed since a couple years ago when my little brother got married and Pat’s brother got married a week apart. Our kids were 1, 2, and 3 need I say more. Okay I will. The weddings were a blast but the days were busy, sleepless, and lots of diaper changing. I could pretty much change a diaper in 15 seconds, under a table, and without even watching what I was doing…haha. Life was full of special new moments and firsts and I really did love most everything about the baby stages. Today, I expect things to be much different. More fresh air, more dancing, and less baggage to carry around. Having a 3, 4, and 5 year old at this wedding will look a bit more relaxed..yes I can say that. They will want to dance, eat cake and probably run their matchbox cars under the cake table which will make me very nervous but I got this. Right?!
5. I am still running on peaches I bought for my Bittersweet End Of Summer Colorado Peach Crisp and I’m lovin it!! No one else in my fam is as excited about them as I am and I am totally baffled and assume there is something wrong with them. Please tell me you have had a there’s nothing better than this juicy, ripe Colorado peach before. Whole peaches are a good source of fiber and are low in overall calories. A medium peach has almost 2.5 grams of fiber with only 60 calories per peach. Whole peaches are filling too. You can’t go wrong with these healthy little guys!!
Happy Saturday! 🙂