Super simple green beans with cherry tomatoes, red onion, and green pepper seasoned with garlic, dill, chives, and fresh lemon juice for a perfect accompaniment to any meal. Vegan and Gluten Free.
Beans. So truthfully, I am not much of a fan. Not at all. Green beans, however, are super tasty. These green beans are going next level in terms of taste and they are incredibly quick and easy, which makes me love them that much more! We are talkin simply fancy green beans. Yass!
Some days simple is nice or convenient and other days simple food is an absolute requirement if anyone is going to eat supper at all. This past weekend was one of those times where simple was a must by Sunday evening. I was begging for simple and that is where these lovely green beans come in to the picture.
Unashamed to say, I grabbed the washed and ready to eat bag of green beans at the store for this recipe. It’s just a way to emphasize the SUPER SIMPLE! Uh, just picture me with two thumbs up and an awkward smile because there is no emoji for that. Haha! Sometimes the easy way is best. Especially on Sunday evenings when it has been a weekend of constant on-the-go. And don’t get me wrong I love being on-the-go but in this case it caught up with me and now I need to put my creative mind to work and get some healthy food on the table in a flash!
Simply Fancy Green Beans and Cherry Tomatoes…I LUV YA!! Thank you for saving me from eating an entire bag of chips with our meal and rather some awesomely delicious and healthy veggies!!
- 12 ounces fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup green pepper, seeded with ribs removed, and diced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon dried chopped chives
- 1½ teaspoons white vinegar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and saute until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add green beans and cook, stirring often, for 7-10 minutes.
- Slice a few tomatoes in half and add them to the pan along with chopped green pepper. Turn the heat down to medium low and continue cooking for another 5 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften and/or break open.
- Add remaining ingredients including salt/pepper to taste, dill, chives, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Stir well to combine ingredients together and get flavors to combine.
- Serve immediately or let pan sit on low until ready to eat to keep warm.
More Delicious Sides