Splendid Summer Fruit Sandwiches filled with layers of strawberries, raspberries, and bananas in between slices of pound cake spread with strawberry cream cheese.
Summa is the best!
When else do you get to eat a fancy pound cake sandwich loaded with fresh strawberries, raspberries, bananas, and layers of strawberry cream cheese. Yes please!!!
Come One, Come All
Pound cake by itself is absolutely wonderful. Add all of this goodness to it and you have created something down right delicious! This pound cake sandwich brings me back to my childhood. Once in awhile, my family would eat brunch at The Garden Cafe during the summer. When I got lucky, they would serve these sandwiches with more cream cheese in them than anything else and I remember lots of strawberries but mostly I remember they were little pieces of heaven!
Sandwiches like this are perfect for kids and adults! Cuz let’s face it 👉 Pound Cake + 🍓🍌 + Cream Cheese disguised as a yummy sandwich…well, what’s not to like?!
It tastes like dessert!
Memorial weekend is approaching. The most likely weekend of the year that it will either rain or be cold here in South Central Nebraska. Nearly everyone plans (hopes) to spend the weekend outdoors whether that be at a lake, cabin, backyard. And then Mother Nature laughs in my face and it goes and rains all weekend long.
But, fear no more! With one of these in hand, it will not matter whether you are indoors or outdoors. Just chow down and pretend everything is as perfect as these splendid summer fruit sandwiches!
You can make these one of two ways. 1) Make your pound cake at home and pat yourself on the back for making something so simple yet tastes like you just spent hours in the kitchen! Pound cake is so tasty! 2) Buy pound cake at the store and save yourself some time to do other Memorial Weekend-y things like relaxing on your patio. Either way, you are a winner! 🥇
The prep is done in nearly 5 minutes:
- Cut two slices of pound cake
- Spread on some strawberry cream cheese
- Slice about 3 strawberries, 1/2 banana
- Place them on your pound cake slices along with a few raspberries and a sprinkle of sliced almonds if you feel like it!
Guess what? That’s it!
So Much Goodness in So Little Time!
Hope you love them as much as we did!! Hope you all have a safe and happy Memorial Weekend!
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 slices pound cake
- 1-2 tablespoons strawberry cream cheese
- 3-4 fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ medium banana, sliced
- 3-4 fresh raspberries
- sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Spray an 8"x4" loaf pan with cooking spray and then flour it. Set aside for later.
- Butter should be at room temperature. A quick way to do this is to place sticks of butter(still in wrapping) on a plate and microwave for 5 sec on high power, rotate and repeat 2 more times.
- Add butter and sugar to a stand mixer and beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and salt.
- Turn mixer down to low and slowly add in flour. Beat just until batter is incorporated, be careful not to mix too long.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let pound cake cool in pan for 10-15 minutes and then invert on to wire cooling rack and turn upright to cool completely.
- Spread two slices of pound cake with strawberry cream cheese.
- Layer both slices of pound cake with sliced strawberries.
- One one slice layer banana slices over strawberries.
- On the other slice layer raspberries and sliced almonds if using.
- Arrange into a sandwich and enjoy with a glass of tea!