Burger Time! Swiss Mushroom Inside Out Burger Time! Two patties layered together with melted Swiss cheese and sautéed mushrooms in between. Make these simple and quick burgers made with only 6 main ingredients!
Father’s Day is just around the corner, so I decided to change some things up and post something for all of the dads out there. They certainly make life more fun so this one’s for them! I couldn’t imagine not having my dad around. From the time I could pick up a tennis racquet, we were out on the court working on my serve. Then it was my free-throw shot, my softball swing, golf swing, heck if there was a sport I wanted to play my dad was out there helping me. Tennis is the one game that stuck with me. When my family gets together still, we head out to the courts and pretend like we still got this. Because WE GOT THIS! 🙂
Nowadays, my fitness goal goes something like this…stay in shape enough so that I can go for a nice 15-30 minute run and not get winded. Good enough, eh? So far, so good then. Besides, my 3 Scoops of Sugar aka Collin, Parker, and Reese always have me running.
The other father in my life-my husband, Pat- is totally the cool dad for our kids. I am pretty sure during a span of one hour the other day, the kids came up SIX times asking if daddy was home yet. Geesh, I must not be much fun. 😉 Around that sixth time, I was all “Okay, everyone get your shoes because we are going to the park for some frisbee golf.” There were Yays all around. Yes, I still got it! 😎 Oh, and then daddy came home, so everyone wins and we all loaded up and headed out for some frisbee golf.
This was my first time playing with our kids, but my husband took them out the day before. So, I quickly learned that no one cares whose frisbee goes the farthest. No, no what these kids care about is that they get to carry the gatorade bottle and most importantly GET THE LAST DRINK! That is the most important thing to these little kiddos! 😂
So to work up an appetite, go play frisbee golf with a 3, 4, and 5 year-old! You will be ready for these Swiss Mushroom Inside Out Burgers!
They don’t disappoint! For all of you dads out there!
Why Go For These Swiss Mushroom Inside Out Burgers?
- Cheesy Middles are always a Good Thing!
- No mushrooms running off your hamburger. They all stay right in the middle. Less Messy Eating Situation Goin On Here!
- Dads Smile when Beef is Served!!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 package hamburger buns
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced ( I used a combination of button and baby bella)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (low-sodium)
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- ¼-1/2 cup Swiss cheese depending on preference
- Kosher Salt/ Black Pepper
- Optional-crispy onions for topping burgers
- In a large pan, melt butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 8-10 minutes or until liquid has been removed and the mushrooms are nice and soft.
- Add soy sauce and teriyaki sauce and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Preheat grill to 400℉.
- Shape ground beef into equal 4 inch patties about ¼ inch thick.
- Add about 2 tablespoons cheese and a tablespoon mushrooms to half of the patties. Place second patty on top and press edges of both patties together to form a seal. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to top and bottom of patties.
- Grill burgers 6-8 minutes and then flip and grill for another 6-8 minutes depending on preferred doneness. Target internal temperature of ground beef should reach 160℉.
- Add each burger to a bun.
- Top with crispy onions if using and serve.
(with cauliflower mashed potatoes)