Grab ahold of this amazing Instant Pot Veggie Soup and savor every last bite of it! It is super easy to make and you will look at vegetable soup in a whole new way!!
Real Food. Real food is the way to go you guys!
And real food is just what is in this Instant Pot Veggie Soup with Tortellini! Yass! So, I am among the millions that got an Instant Pot (affiliate link) for Christmas and ya know, it really is amazing!! Any time I can dump in my ingredients in something and go put my feet up (ha! I mean go do laundry, pick up toys, etc) then I am sold! Now that is my kinda gig. My mind is going nuts with all the possibilities for this Instant Pot. It’s a food lover’s dream.
I mean I am raving over vegetable soup for Pete’s sake. Often times, I think back about the vegetable soup from elementary school that had a few pieces of corn, green beans, and broth. I almost felt sorry for it. That soup was mostly good for dipping my butter sandwich. Yes, I secretly LOVED those butter sandwiches! Ham patties on a bun, uh not so much but those butter sandwiches never got loose.
Just to make sure things are crystal clear, I literally dumped a bunch of ingredients into my Instant Pot, gave them a good stir or two, hit the soup button and guys THAT IS IT! Thirty minutes later it was done. The Instant Pot is a life changer.
I am in love. 1) With this Instant Pot and 2) With this super yummy Veggie Soup. It’s simply the best. No time for games here.
A list of ingredients for this veggie soup:
Salt and Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
11 Total Ingredients. And yes, salt and pepper count as one in my book. 😉 Not bad for a soup like this!! Compare that to a can of vegetable soup and you might be surprised. Plus the taste won’t compare.
Nothing compares…nothing compares to you Instant Pot Veggie Soup ( in my best Sinéad O’Connor voice.)
I haven’t made this recipe in the slow-cooker quite yet but I bet it would work great too! Add the first ten ingredients as listed in the recipe below followed by the chard and tortellini for the last 15-20 minutes of cooking so they don’t turn to mush.
Hope you love it!!
- 1 14oz can cannellini beans
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 32 oz vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch chard or about 4 cups, stems removed and chopped
- 1 cup tortellini, uncooked
- Turn on your Instant Pot (affiliate link) or pressure cooker. Add the first 10 ingredients and stir it well. Secure the lid. Make sure the steam release handle is set to sealing.
- Select the Soup button (Normal= 30minutes) and enjoy some free time!
- At the end of the 30 minutes, carefully turn the steam release handle to venting (quick release) and stay away from the steam! This process does take a few minutes so sit tight.
- Add the tortellini and chard, stir, and replace the lid. Let ingredients sit for another 14 minutes in order to let the tortellini cook.
- Dish veggie soup into serving bowls and top with gruyere cheese if desired. Parmesan will also be good.
2. I haven't made this recipe in the slow-cooker quite yet, but I bet it would work great too. I would add the first 10 ingredients and cook on low for 6-8 hours followed by the chard and tortellini in the last 15-20 minutes.
More Delicious Soup Recipes