Let’s take that eggs benedict recipe to the next level with a fuss-free yet out of this world avocado sauce! These are so so delicious and a perfect weekend breakfast that is simple as well.
Oh how I LOVE eggs benedict!
I always used to eat it growing up and it was just the best. So, naturally, I have to make it on occasion at home. I mean, we don’t get out much, so time to bring the fabulous food to us right here in our home.
And to be honest, when I thought about making this eggs benedict all I could think about was the fussy hollandaise sauce. UGHH! Seriously, should I just make poached eggs and stick ’em on an english muffin?? Then I had an ah-ha moment. I love avocados and I love eggs benedict so why not sub the silly hollandaise sauce for some amazing and quick avocado sauce.
Brilliance I tell ya.
I really love how versatile this recipe is as evidenced by the ten different ways I have eaten this in the past 48 hours. Ha! Not quite that many but close. If you’re not a fan of bacon, substitute ham, Canadian bacon, or even turkey. Cancel the cheese if you wish but honestly who would want to do such a thing?!
Or go vegan and stack some sliced avocado under the poached egg and add the sauce on top. I have tried all of the above and it’s delicious in all situations.
Modern Eggs Benedict with Avocado Sauce. So yum. How is it possible that something so easy and convenient tastes this incredible?!
And if you’re feeling a bit uneasy about the whole poached egg situation, let’s chat. Make your life better with one of these poach pods (affiliate link). They take the work out of it, which is exactly how it should be. One perfect poached egg comin right up folks!! Poached eggs come around a lot more often because of those pods.
And you won’t be sorry that you end up with leftover avocado sauce. Issogood! I’m thinking it would be great as an add-on for my delicious paninis, drizzled over a burrito bowl, and would pair perfectly with some sweet potato fries. Yessum.
The sauce is definitely key here. I’m all about this sauce!
Avocado Sauce Ingredients:
Plain greek yogurt
These surely will take away your case of the Mondays!! 😉
- 2 English muffins, toasted
- 5-6 slices cooked bacon
- American cheese slices
- 4 eggs
- ½ avocado, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 scallion, chopped
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine all ingredients except water in a food processor. Blend until smooth. If desired add 1-2 tablespoons of water to thin out sauce. Keep in fridge until ready to use.
- Add bacon to large pan and be sure not to overlap the bacon. Fry on medium heat until crispy. Remove from heat and set aside on plate covered with paper towel to catch drippings.
- In a medium saucepan, add 1½ inches water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and place poach pods in water. The ring part of a mason jar lid also works well to poach eggs and keep the egg whites contained. Cover saucepan and cook eggs for about 5 minutes. This amount of time will cook eggs that are still runny in the inside but thick. If prefer not to have any runny eggs cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. If using the mason jar lids, use spatula to remove eggs.
- Toast english muffins and place on plates. Place slice of cheese over english muffins. Top with bacon slices and poached eggs. Pour avocado sauce over poached eggs and serve.
More Delicious Breakfast Ideas